As an expanding company, we currently have vacancies for Coach Drivers.
Firstly, to apply, you must meet the following:
- A current Qld Drivers Licence (preferably HR or above)
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- You must have a good driving history. Sunstate reserves the right to reject applications based on poor driving history.
- A current Qld Drivers Authorisation
- Good customer service skills
- You must not be a prohibited person as defined by the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998.
- The Transport Operations (Passenger Transport) Act 1994 requires all drivers of public passenger services in Queensland to hold Driver Authorisation (DA).
- If you do not already possess a DA, you will be required to obtain one.
Sunstate Charters is a 7 day a week business. Shifts operate on a rotating roster including weekends, evening/nights and public holidays.
The hours per day will depend on the shift allocation.
Probationary periods apply to all new staff.
The recruitment and selection is a four (4) part process:
- Review of completed application
- Driving Assessment
- Personal Interview
- Work fitness suitability program
Applicants should note that passing of each stage does not automatically mean you will be successful.
ALCOHOL & DRUGS
Under the Queensland legislation, bus drivers must register a zero drug and blood alcohol level whilst driving (whether a bus or other company vehicle).
Sunstate requires compliance at all times, and conducts random drug and alcohol testing within the workplace.
If you’re interested, please download the application form.