Christmas in Winter
Join Sunstate Day Tours for a Christmas in Winter Celebration, we arrive at King Ludwigs Restaurant and step right into Bavaria, without needing to pay the airfare. The chalet dining area is tastefully decorated for the Christmas Season and you can enjoy 180 degree views of the Glasshouse Mountains and Moreton Bay from their gardens and verandahs. Their Bavarian Beer Bar is stocked with more than 35 German brews and they have hot mulled wine, Gluehwein, on the pot belly stove simmering. Fritz will welcome you with live accordion music and we invite you to sing along to some well-known tunes.
We are treated to a 2-course menu, please pre select your main and dessert choice.
- Oven fresh roast pork on our beer gravy served with red cabbage & potato mash
- Bavarian beef steaks on our mushroom sauce served with potato mash & vegetables
- Authentic Apfelstrudel on crème anglaise with ice cream & cream
- Choux pastry filled with forest berries & ice cream on crème anglaise
All the meals are prepared on the premises and cooked a la minute by your head chef Klaus Lutze, who is owner/chef of King Ludwigs since 1989.
After you have enjoyed your luncheon, our Edelweiss Trio is ready to take you on a musical journey of Bavaria and we are always looking for plenty of audience participation. Get ready to do the chicken dance, the slap dancing competition, the bell pointer, the hat dance and more! Even Santa will pay us a visit, if you were good! Don’t forget your cameras!
We will make sure you won’t forget your visit to Maleny in a hurry, come and join Sunstate Day Tours at King Ludwigs – where meals and memories are made!
Click here for more info and the menu
Price per head:
- Ex Brisbane
- 18-24 pax $90
- 25-35 pax $85
- 36-48 pax $80
- 49-60 pax $75
- Transport – Fully Equipped Coach
- King Ludwigs German Restaurant – Meals and Entertainment
- ** Available: Wed, Thurs & Fri in June, July or August **
- ** Full Entertainment Trio – 24 or more passengers **