|Tour Type||Brisbane City Lights Tour|
|Suitable For||18 – 57 people|
|Tour Snapshot||Depart Brisbane
Sightseeing as per tour choice
Lunch as per tour choice
*Three experiences for you to choose from*
Day Tour Description:
Join Sunstate on a historic trip to the days of the past, visiting the iconic Abby Museum, which showcases 500,000 years of Human History. See why the museum is one of Queensland’s top attractions. The museum is a treasure house of world history that engages both the young and old.
The Museum is air-conditioned and has wheelchair access. It is an easy walk for people with mobility issues and the coach can drop off at the front door
We offer three experiences for you to choose from.
Stain Glass Tour
- Be in awe with a guided tour of medieval, Edwardian and Victorian Stained Glass in the Abbey Church. You won’t see anything like this in the Southern Hemisphere!
- Self guided tour of the Abbey Museum archaeological gallery, a journey through the history of humankind
Specialty Medieval Tour
- Ideal day for those who love to learn and those who love history and archaeology.
- Includes a guided tour of medieval, Edwardian and Victorian Stained Glass in the Abbey Church – you’ll never see these anywhere else in the Southern Hemisphere!!
- Self-guided tour of the Abbey Museum archaeological gallery – a journey through the history of humankind
- Find out what life was really like in the Middle Ages!
- Handle museum quality copies of a knight’s arms and armour, learn 600 year old beauty tips, savour the scent of medieval perfume and find out how Hollywood distorted history!
- Enjoy a 2 course lunch of cold meat, salad and dessert (included).
Heritage Trail: The Sacred Mountain
- Visit an Aboriginal ceremonial ground, an axe-grinding site and the Glass House Mountains Lookout with spectacular views across these ancient peaks.
- This tour respects and acknowledges the Aboriginal traditional owners of this area – the Jinibara and Kabi Kabi people – in whose footsteps we walk.
- Presented by experienced guides
- A comfortable, easy way to discover the Sunshine Coast’s Glass House Mountains National Parks
- Highlights of this excursion require only a short walk from the coach
- Tour can be structured to meet your timetable and physical abilities of your group
Morning Tea – Hot tea or coffee and biscuits
Lunch – Bribie Island Surf Club
Sightseeing – as per tour choice