We live in a beautiful part of the world and our little oasis has some amazing places to visit. Whether you’re here on holiday or looking for something to do to get out of the house, Sunstate Charters has come up with the best day trip ideas in Brisbane.
We asked our team to get a little creative and think about the places they love to take people on our tours or even places they like to visit in their personal time.
If you’re looking for a little inspiration to get out and about, keep reading below. If you’d like to find out more about our tours or to make a booking, contact us on 07 3260 1666 or send an online enquiry here.
Places to Visit on a Day Trip
If you are looking for something a little bit different to do for the day, below are 5 of our suggestions for the best day trip ideas in Brisbane. We think a good day trip should include some scenery, history and a social lunch (with a view if possible).
1. Mingerribah or North Stradbroke Island – the island’s landscape and wildlife, both on and off shore, showcase Australian native flora and fauna at its very best. July to September is a great time to visit when the days are cooler, the skies are clear, and the whales are breaching. Mingerribah is the 2nd largest sand island in the world and is part of a group of islands that form Moreton Bay. It is easily accessible by ferry and road and is right on Brisbane’s doorstep. You don’t need a 4WD and a day trip is plenty of time to visit the island to see and experience all it has to offer. It’s even better when aboard an air-conditioned coach where your viewing platform is literally “next level”.
MUST SEE – Gorge Walk, Brown Lake, Amity Point.
2. River Cruises – these are a great way, particularly for groups, to explore otherwise inaccessible locations. The cruises often provide commentary on local knowledge and history and travelling on the water is always an exciting and unique experience. Below are some of our favourites;
- Pumicestone Passage – Bribie Island
- Nerang River – Gold Coast
- Brisbane River – Brisbane
- Mooloolaba – Sunshine Coast
- Bribie Island – Bribie Island is a comfortable distance to experience a day at the seaside. It’s important that a day out isn’t spoiled by a long trip home and Bribie offers a destination that’s within easy reach.
MUST SEE: Butterfly House, Seaside Museum, Bongaree.
3. SEQWater tour – tour the Wivenhoe Dam and information centre followed by the Mount Crosby water treatment sites.
4. A day at the markets – Eumundi Markets come to mind or maybe even the Eat Street Markets closer to Brisbane.
5. History Tours
- Boggo Rd Gaol
Top Tip for a Day Trip
Wherever you plan to go, there’s one thing you need to remember. Don’t forget to take your personal day tour kit. This should include:
Best Day Trip Ideas in Brisbane
Boasting more than 30 years’ experience, Sunstate Coaches have a reputation for comfort, safety and exceptional service, not mention experienced and friendly staff.
PLUS we have a range of popular Speciality Tours to choose from, and can also create a memorable Day Tour on your behalf. We take care of all bookings and running around so you only have to make one call.